Sunday, December 04, 2005

Appetite

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Here's something I recently stumbled across and had never heard before, "Appetite" by The Burps. My attempts to find anything out about this 45 on the web have been unsuccessful. I like the interesting choice for a group name...it's the kind of quirkiness I appreciate.

"Appetite" is a groovy flute-led instrumental. What I really like is the heaviness of the bass and drums offset by the lightness of the flutes and the vibraphone. There are also some horns in the mix as well, but they never overstep the flute's prominence, only helping to move the groove along. The playing is not polished at all, and the looseness of the tune works as well. Definitely one I recommend giving a listen to if you see it in a shop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home