Friday, July 01, 2005

The Action

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I've been pretty much all over the musical spectrum of the 45s I collect this week. It continues tonight. I brought "The Ultimate Action" CD with me to work this morning, and I can't believe it's been as long as it has since I listened to them.

What it is is Reg King's voice. The man has an amazingly soulful voice, and this is what will probably hit you first. The majority of The Action's releases were covers of US r'n'b and soul records, songs they made into mod-pop stunners. Stunning for it's soulfulness courtesy of Reg's voice. Polished yet soulful, a sound uncommon for 60s mod and garage collectors. But The Action created a sound that no other UK 60s bands could come close to.

Essentially I don't have anything to add to what has been written about The Action. I am simply a fan who could not pick one song to write about. "Twenty Fourth Hour / Never Ever" happens to be the only 45 I own by them. One of the best purchases I ever made.

To read more about The Action, go here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home