Friday, August 12, 2005

Gettin T'Gether, Man

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Moving closer to my area, here's a funk 45 from Camden, NJ, The Classitors' "Gettin' T'Gether, Man" on Black & Blue records. Unfortunately, it's one that I have not been able to find out anything about.

"Gettin' T'Gether, Man" is a furiously uptempo horn-led funk track. In fact, the horns sound like they belong in a ska tune more than a funk tune, they're so tight and punchy, but it lends to the uniqueness of the song. There's a tasty break in the middle of the tune, and then everyone falls in to continue with the manic pace. I think I just barely hear a bit of organ behind the guitar, but the horns are so loud I am not sure.

Brutal tune, that is, of course, recommended. Have a listen here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home