Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Mumble Shing-a-ling

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I had a tough time choosing which Emperors 45 to post tonight, either this one or "My Baby Likes to Boogaloo" (which I'm very fond of as well), but "Mumble Shing-a-ling" won out. The Emperors were from Harrisburg, PA and recorded several 45s for Mala and one for Brunswick. There were some changes in the band & then several members formed Emperors Soul 69 & released the mighty funky "Bring Out Yourself".

"Mumble Shing-a-ling" is a solid groover. It has a great dance beat, a raucous, funky, handclappin' affair. They even bring their own crowd noises. I couldn't imagine being able to sit through it. Plenty of bass up in the mix throughout, and eventually the organ kicks in to complement the guitar at the forefront. Quality tune.

Have a listen here. Now I gotta throw on "My Baby Likes to Boogaloo".....

1 Comments:

Blogger Shady Del Knight said...

"Karate Boogaloo," which shamelessly employed looped crowd cheering as a hook, nevertheless received the heavier play at my 60s teen club. I agree with you that "Mumble..." is a 'killer bee'. The Emperors did a fine job of infusing their Harrisburg sound into Don Gardner's blockbuster, "My Baby Likes to Boogaloo." Visit my new blog at shadydell.blogspot.com where I'll soon be counting down my list of the 200 Greatest Hits of the Shady Dell. Find out how these and other releases by the Emperors are ranked on my survey!

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home