Monday, August 22, 2005

Try Love Again

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Here's the second of the two 45s I managed to upgrade this weekend for a dollar, Natural Four's "Try Love Again". The Natural Four have several 45s that are desired on the rare soul scene, but this isn't one of them (as far as I'm aware). Nevertheless, this is a fantastic tune.

What really gets me about this song is how heavy the bass and drums are, and the contrasting, intertwining vocal harmonies. Such a solid and steady groove to have those fantastic vocals over. In between, strings and horns add intermediary layers. The vocals make me think 'sweet soul', but I really don't anything about the genre, so I could be way off.

Words fail to describe how good this tune is. I recommend checking it out over at soulclub.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home