Monday, July 18, 2005

I Dig Your Wig

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
OK, I don't really know much about blues, but right before I went to Chicago last week I found this 45. I first heard this record on a cassette I had years ago, mostly a mixture of soul and r'n'b...plus this blues number with the funny lyrics. I figured since I was in Buddy Guy's club last week I should feature this recent acquisition.

It's a nice mid-tempo piano- and harmonica-led mover with plenty of bass. But what really gets me is the lyrics, best summed with the lines: "Gonna get you one of those three color wigs / Something you know the cats gon' dig." Classic.

And check out Buddy's when your in Chi-town. Nice joint.

3 Comments:

Blogger Todd Lucas said...

Never heard the record but, man, what a great title.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Stuart Shea said...

But did you go record shopping when you were here in Chicago?

11:37 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Unfortunately, no. I didn't really have any time to explore the record shops in Chicago. In the mid-90's when I lived in Iowa I visited Chicago record shops on several occassions, but this trip was strictly business. Actually, I didn't bring any music at all with me. The only music I heard was at Buddy Guy's place and the few tunes I played over and over in my head.

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home