Sunday, January 01, 2006

(Can't Help It, Baby) This Is My Thing

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The holidays have come and gone, the new year is here, and I am looking forward to things returning to normal. Unfortunately, I am going out of town this week for business, so I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer.

Anyway, I thought I'd present another great 45 that just so happens to have a gold label, Tommy Bass's "(Can't Help It, Baby) This Is My Thing", which was released on Soulful Records out of New York. Not sure if there were any other releases on this label, but this 45 certainly lives up to the label name.

"This Is My Thing" is a gritty funky soul tune. Tommy's delivery is amazing, moving through a range of emotions as he lays out his heart to the woman that's left him. The music is straightforward, drums, bass & guitar with horns coming for occassional flourishes. Straightforward is the perfect description here, as everything is put right out there. Fantastic stuff.

Have a listen to some of this tune here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home