Friday, April 06, 2007

Unwed Mother

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
One record I was hoping to find at the Allentown record show was Joe Bataan's "Young Gifted and Brown" which I had been plying again and again the days before that Saturday. Well, it just so happened luck was on my side, and I found a copy. But, to sweeten the deal, when I got it home and flipped the record over, I was even more impressed with the tune that resided on the other side, "Unwed Mother".

Joe is particularly soulful on this tune, perhaps the most soulful I've ever heard him. And the whole production - the tempo, the playing, the subject matter just works so well. Instead of blathering on and on about it (which I could do cause this tune just knocks me over), have a listen to the soundclip below. I'm gonna have to look out for the LP this record is off of.

Unwed Mother

1 Comments:

Blogger Maliek Washington said...

This is a great song! I'm new to your blog, but if this indicative of your tastes, you'll be hearing much more from me!

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home